1. Seale L.A., Torres D.J., Berry M.J., Pitts M.W. (2020). A role for selenium-dependent GPX1 in SARS-CoV-2 virulence. Am J Clin Nutr 2020_ 112_447–448.
2. Shakoor H. et al. (2021). Immune-boosting role of vitamins D, C, E, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids_ Could they help against COVID-19_ Maturitas_ 143_ 1–9
3. BourBour F. et al. (2020). Nutrients in prevention, treatment, and management of viral infections_ special focus on Coronavirus. Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry.
4. Akhtar S. et al. (2020). Nutritional perspectives for the prevention and mitigation of COVID-19. Nutrition Reviews Vol. 0(0)_1–12.
5. Keflie T.S., Phil M., Biesalski H.K. (2021). Micronutrients and bioactive substances_ Their potential roles in combating COVID-19. Nutrition 2021_ 84.
6. Zhang et al. (2020). Selenium and selenoproteins in viral infection with potential relevance to COVID-19. Redox Biology_ 37.
7. Bermano G. et al. (2020). Selenium and viral infection_ are there lessons for COVID-19_ British Journal of Nutrition.
8. Majeed M., Nagabhushanam K., Gowda S., Mundkur L. (2021). An exploratory study of selenium status in healthy individuals and in patients with COVID-19 in a south Indian population_ The case for adequate selenium status. Nutrition 2021_ 82.